[TR] TR3's maiden voyage!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3's maiden voyage!
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:07:08 -0400
Hello,  No longer can I claim that Ive never driven a Triumph!

I drove my TR3 for its Maiden Voyage x2 today!!!!!!!!!!  It went about 200
yards!  Even though they werent, it felt like all 4 wheels were flat.  I
might have reached 5mph on the long driveway.  Even though  the front yard
is flat and was kinda wet, the new tires wanted to SPIN- I dont know if the
brakes wanting to constantly applied/stuck-on would affect traction on wet
grass or not.  Certainly I thought that it would still work with new Kumhos
and level but wet grass.

My main question is also kinda dumb.  It ran out of fuel, I had only put a
little in, but it wasnt being pumped to the fuel bowls.  I took the tube
off just prior to the SU HS6s and the rapid engine turnover (with a new
battery) wasnt PUMPING any gas to the lids (regardless, whether the gross
jet/float level was up or down, upside down or rightside up, ON OR OFF THE
CARBS )!!  But, I looked at the glass fuel pump bowl and it had gas in it!
So my last question is this:  Does the fuel pump bowl have any gas in it if
the tank is out of fuel?

Thanks,

Paul Dorsey