Re: [TR] Re: TR6 door handle window crank retaining pins

To: fogbro1@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: TR6 door handle window crank retaining pins
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:17:39 -0400
  Ed,

 Dick Taylor has a method he has described before but never having done it I
dont have any specific experience with it. If I recall correctly, he used a
metal coat hanger, cutting the straight piece off, then using wire cutters he
cut part way through the coat hanger the appropriate length to fit in under the
handle. Using the longer coat hanger wire he guided it in the hole then moved
it up and down and broke it off, leaving the piece in as a retaining pin. I am
not describing the process as eloquently as he has(tough to do) but think I
have it right. He might chime in or you could always check the archives and see
what you might be able to come up with.

 I have seen pins before that were tapered also. I am not sure if they are
original or not but I thought they would work a bit better since they would
slide down and the taper would hold them in place until everything was together.

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108