RE: [TR] Re: TR6 door handle window crank retaining pins

To: <fogbro1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: TR6 door handle window crank retaining pins
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:22:20 -0700
My trick for installing these pins is to NOT use the stock pins, but to
replace them.

I use a finishing nail of the same approximate diameter as the original
pins. I remove the point but leave the nail long. I then grind/file a notch
in the nail at a point near the length of the original pin. I then have a
longer pin to easily push into the hole. I push the nail into the hole and
when the nail is all the way in, I break the nail off at the scored point,
leaving the broken portion of the nail in the hole to hold the handle on.

The description is worse than the actual job. Come back with any questions
if this isn't clear!!

Good luck!

Jim
Jim Bauder