Re: [TR] Re: TR6 door handle window crank retaining pins

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: TR6 door handle window crank retaining pins
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:16:46 -0700
fogbro1@comcast.net wrote:

>Any trick to installing the pins that retain the window crank and door handles
>on th TR6? Has anyone made a tool that will assist in their installation?

If these are the same set-up as the TR4, I found it very helpful to have
an assistant to stand outside the open door and press the panel
inward... gives lots of working room (and time) to get that pin into the
hole.  Other than that, a pair of hemostats (an indispensible tool) are
about all you need.

A trick I have heard of (but didn't need to resort to) is to take a long
length of coat hanger wire of a suitable diameter, notch it at a point
corresponding to the length of the original pin, insert it into the
hole, then bend and break it at the notch.  Would possibly simplify the
project if you're working alone.

Geo H