Re: [TR] basic TR3 fuel pump questions

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] basic TR3 fuel pump questions
From: kinderlehrer@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 01:48:22 +0000
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
> List,
>
> I think Ive been told that even though theres gas in the fuel pump glass
> doesnt necessairily mean Im out of gas  right? QUESTION #1
>
>             But with 3 gallons of gas put in the tank, fuel pump glass full
> with a bubble of air at the top, and me pumping the lever underneath with no
> gas coming out the outlet side of the fuel pump confirms bad fuel pump-
> right?  QUESTION #2

Not necessarily.  If the line between the tank and the pump were blocked or the
is tank is not vented you would not get any gas either.  Disconnect the fuel
line before the pump.  Gas should flow out - unless you are on a steep hill. If
none does, open the filler cap. If still no gas, you probably have a blockage
in the line.
HTH, Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org