[TR] basic TR3 fuel pump questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] basic TR3 fuel pump questions
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:42:48 -0400
List,

I think Ive been told that even though theres gas in the fuel pump glass
doesnt necessairily mean Im out of gas  right? QUESTION #1

            But with 3 gallons of gas put in the tank, fuel pump glass full
with a bubble of air at the top, and me pumping the lever underneath with no
gas coming out the outlet side of the fuel pump confirms bad fuel pump-
right?  QUESTION #2

Lastly, the fuel pump Im using in my TR3A is out of a TR250 (I think).  I
think I got approval to switch to this set-up.- right?  Everything bolts up
fine.  The only difference is that the glass of fuel sits on top of the
fuel pump, the glass is inverted (and no metal obstructs viewing when one
raises the bonnet).

Normally, the glass is under a metal lid and is upright (like a drinking
glass).

Thanks,

Paul Dorsey

60 TR3A