Re: [TR] Carb Backfire

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Carb Backfire
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 17:37:46 -0400 (EDT)
Bob Danielson wrote:
> What are the things that can cause a backfire through
> the carbs?

Uh, proteins?  Too much insoluble fiber?

I would think really bad ignition timing.

> If you were trouble shooting this problem what steps
> would you take and in what order?

Visual inspection that nothing in the dizzy has broken or slipped, for example
points bent from fatigue.  Check ignition timing.  Maybe the dizzy spun around
in it mount.  Ah, do check that plugs are wired to fire in the right order!

> Maybe it's the cooler weather but the car doesn't seen
> to get up to temp (per the gauge) as fast as normal.

That could be a stuck thermostat.  Or it could be due to late ignition timing,
perhaps, maybe, possibly.
--
Jim Muller, waiting for a tie rod end so I can get the GT6 ready for the
British Invasion

===     http://www.vtr.org