RE: [TR] Carb Backfire

To: <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Carb Backfire
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:01:27 -0700
Add a burnt intake valve to that list.

Deano

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of jimmuller@rcn.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:38 PM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net

Bob Danielson wrote:
> What are the things that can cause a backfire through the carbs?

Uh, proteins?  Too much insoluble fiber?

I would think really bad ignition timing.

> If you were trouble shooting this problem what steps would you take
> and in what order?

Visual inspection that nothing in the dizzy has broken or slipped, for
example points bent from fatigue.  Check ignition timing.  Maybe the
dizzy spun around in it mount.  Ah, do check that plugs are wired to
fire in the right order!

===     http://www.vtr.org