RE: [TR] Taking the windshield offa TR6

To: "'jim hearn'" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Taking the windshield offa TR6
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:06:46 -0400
Jim,
It may be very easy or every difficult depending on how kind the years have
been. There's just the nuts you see on top of the dash and the two nuts at
each corner under the dash. The threaded shaft that the two nuts under the
dash are connected to is the only real area of concern. That shaft may be
"rusted/encrusted/corroded" in place. If it's nice and clean, the windshield
should just lift off with a little wiggling at each corner. Don't try and
lift it straight up but do it at an angle like this /, the same angle as the
threaded shafts. It's easier to do with 2 people. If that shaft is frozen,
they you have to work at breaking it free from its mount.

Removing the top dash pad requires disconnecting the demisters and removing
the wood dash and dropping the metal dash face as the dash pad wraps around
the top of the metal dash face. Once you get the wood dash off, you'll see
what I mean.

There's lots of pictures on my site from when I did this back in Nov of '97.

Good Luck

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org