RE: [TR] Vac Advance

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Vac Advance
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:03:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Randall,

The numbers came from a vacuum advance distributor chart from my British Leyland
Triumph Repair Operation Manual for TR4, TR4A, TR250,TR5 and TR6 published in
1977.
I bought it from a Jaguar dealership in the early 80's. The chart states degrees
crankshaft advance- minimum and maximum at the top and inches of Hg - vacuum on
the side.  I have found some errors in the manual through the years.  The best
one
is the firing order for the TR6 is wrong (1-5-3-4-6-2) should be (1-5-3-6-2-4).

Greg Perry