RE: [TR] Vac Advance Update

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Vac Advance Update
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:30:39 -0700
> >The numbers came from a vacuum advance distributor chart from my
> British Leyland
> >Triumph Repair Operation Manual for TR4, TR4A, TR250,TR5 and TR6
> published in 1977.

Thanks for the information, Greg.

> I bet that
> the original specs for these distributors were originally in
> camshaft degrees from what your earlier post stated.

I'm inclined to agree, 3 degrees at the crank isn't worth fooling with.
Even 6 degrees seems kind of low.  And I've seen other factory manuals that
are confused about the difference between camshaft and crankshaft degrees.

But I have neither time nor inclination to test one and find out for sure.
Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org