Re: [TR] Vac Advance Update

To: fred thomas <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Vac Advance Update
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:19:05 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
FT,

There are also differences in vacuum advances.  The 83mm engine distributor
(40850) is all centrifugal advance without a vacuum advance.  I was comparing
Randall's numbers for the 40795 distributor to those in the chart from my
repair manual.  The difference in Randall's advance numbers were 2 times the
chart crankshaft advance numbers.  I realize that there are some considerable
differences between distributors.  I do not know if the early distributors for
TR4's were measured in camshaft degrees or crankshaft degrees in the
distributor specifications.  But my repair manual chart is in crankshaft
degrees.

Greg Perry