Re: [TR] Broken hood release - horror story

To: pfischer@rmi.net, 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Subject: Re: [TR] Broken hood release - horror story
From: GGanoung@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:27:10 EDT
Yup, welcome to the club.  The release on my hood never broke, but  given the
age and the horror stories on this list serve, I thought Id get ahead  of
disaster and make up the emergency release piece and install it.  To  make a
very
long and expensive story short, $479 later, to say nothing of the
aggravation, some part of the piece jammed against a bolt that was just a hair
too
long, and the whole thing stuck shut.  I ended up having to crimp the  hood
using
a steel bar at the back corner to get to the latch... going thru the
headlight assembly was a waste of time....underneath access was a waste of
time.....
body guy managed to free it up and redo the entire mechanism of  his own
design so the damned thing works now.  Straightened the hood and  repainted.
Maybe Im gonna buy an S2000 next!!!  And we Triumphphiles call this  charm??
Sheesh!

===     http://www.vtr.org