[TR] Win some Lose some

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Win some Lose some
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:30:41 -0400
In my TR3A today, I came out of the drycleaners which has a steep driveway
ending in an abrupt upslope.  Dropped the muffler.

Drove the car five feet to get it off the street and out of traffic...and ran
over the muffler.  Rear tire is now toast.  So's the tube.

The good news was, I had to stand in front of New Hampshire's Governor Lynch
today begging for the third time for something I desperately need for work,
and he had a major cold.  I like the guy, but I can't help liking better the
idea of a politician who has lost his voice.  I got what I needed this time on
a 3 to 2 vote.

But I won't be making the British Invasion in Stowe, VT this weekend, as my
spare tire hasn't been mounted on the wire rim yet.  (I need to finihs prep
work on the 40 spoke wire wheel.)

Oh well, need to get the winter firewood in the shed anyway.

...And find a new drycleaner with a calmer driveway.

===     http://www.vtr.org