[TR] TR4 tranny -> o/d mateup

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4 tranny -> o/d mateup
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:51:38 -0400
After much frustration and great support from the members of this list, I
now have my TR4 transmission together with nothing binding, the gear shifts
all working, etc. Many thanks to all who responded and especially Larry
Young and Sam Clark for writing such a great article on the topic.

So..........on attempting to mate it to the overdrive unit, even though I
had specifically taken care to align the splines within it, they are now
misaligned and I can't put them together.

Is there another way to line them up? When I reach in with a long
screwdriver they seem very unwilling to move at all.

It would be excellent if someone made a tool like you use for lining up your
clutch friction disc. I guess there isn't too much demand though.

TIA,
Jim Wallace

===     http://www.vtr.org