[TR] TR3 Pumpkin

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 Pumpkin
From: "Wayne Brazinski" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:33:59 -0500
Hello everyone!
I'm back again following a long period of silence - between work and Soccer
little has been done on the TR3 for months.  Last weekend I cranked things
up by removing the rear axle from the car because I had a stuck axle shaft.
It turns out that one of the shafts in a pair of Planetary gears had totally
sheared off.

I pulled out my spare rear end which has axles that come out nicely, and
removed the Pumkin cover.  Apart from some black runny oil everything inside
looks really good - no significant wear on any of the teeth.

Is it worth the gamble to clean this rear end up, replace the axle shaft
seals, and put it in the car - or should I measure clearences in the
Pumpkin?

Thanks a bunch in advance :-)

Wayne
Plainfield, IL