[TR] Timing chain project - dog bolt removal question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Timing chain project - dog bolt removal question
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:45:09 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Hi folks,

Well, I'm making good progress so far.
Removed apron, radiator and fan.

According to Haynes the next step is to "undo the starter dog bolt".
I'm thinking this is where I position an extension on the socket and then crank
the engine with the starter.  I've positioned the extension under the frame on
the lower right hand side:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/AdrianJones34/Dogbolt.jpg

because (to my thinking) the engine turns clockwise (?) -looking from the front
- so the extension must be positioned so that it doesn't move when I hit the
starter button.

Kind of a scary setup so I thought I'd better check with you guys first.

Many thanks for advice,  Adrian TS58324

===     http://www.vtr.org