Re: [TR] Timing chain - update!

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Timing chain - update!
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@onwight.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 00:53:54 +0100
Hi Adrian
Are you testing fore and aft, i.e. along the line of the crank, or left and
right , i.e. across the engine?
You should be testing fore and aft, in the direction that the chain is NOT
supposed to flex.
This just reminded me of those tin toy snakes that you used to get, getting
one of those to stay out straight is reminiscent of testing a chain not
installed on an engine!

Graham.