Re: [TR] OD Testing

To: ambritts@ptdprolog.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] OD Testing
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 11:46:45 EST
In a message dated 11/4/2006 8:05:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ambritts@ptdprolog.net writes:

May I  assume that the OD is working properly and the
speedo drops because there  is no contact with the floor/road or is this
something Mr. Lucas saved just  for me?

Ales,
It seems right to me. The car is going 40 mph because you are probably
holding the pedal at a fixed position and the engine rpm is constant because
ther's no significant load. Engaging overdrive then is like shifting up a gear
and
makes you go faster for the same speed. You should see the same thing
without the overdrive if you held the pedal at a constant position and shifted
from
3 to 4.
Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org