Re: [TR] Chrome platers & nasty people

To: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Chrome platers & nasty people
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:55:16 -0500
On Friday 19 January 2007 08:37 pm, fred thomas wrote:
> Unlike the Chrome stuff I bought from Moss & TRF.
>== ==========================
> I was not aware that Moss & TRF had a "Chrome Plateing Service available".
> It gets so @#$%$#@$% for list members to always take nasty below the belt
> pot shots at those who try very hard to keep our cars on the road, next
> time you are in need of a clutch call your "chrome plater", if he is out of
> stock, be sure to bad mouth him on the list as well.  "FT"

Fred,

It is my opinion that of all the suppliers, TRF provides the best overall
quality and prices. They have so many ways to save a few $ if you are just
patient.

On my current TR4 project, I got a front bumper and mirrors. And I got a set
of front overriders from Mr. Sanborn when he sold his TR4. The overriders
were from TRF, still had the stickers etc.

The chrome is just fine and I compared the quality with the oem and the parts
from TRF not only are a perfect fit but they appear to be a bit heavier. The
chrome is fine.

I try to spread my $ around because I believe that both the competition is
good for us and I want those parts to be available in 20 years.

I am sure one could find a shop that could take a oem part and make it better
than factory or something the suppliers get but to us folks that are trying
to do the best we can with the $ we have, TRF, Moss, LB cars, Wishbone and a
host of Ebay sellers make this hobby a bit more rewarding.

And the more suppliers we have the better the chance you can get that part you
need in a hurry!

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org