RE: [TR] Chrome platers & nasty people

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@razzolink.com>, "triumphs"
Subject: RE: [TR] Chrome platers & nasty people
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:48:15 -0500
The chrome job I had done 12 or 13 years ago by GG Buffing on my original
front bumper still looks great. They took in a peeling, pitted, dented unit
and returned a work of art. And that is after sitting in an unheated (read
very humid) garage through Montreal winters and damp springs. Of course, I
must admit that the chrome job cost about 50% more than buying a"new" bumper.
However, at the time there were no decent replacements available. Now I hear
tales of cheap metal, poor chrome and easy bending, so I'm glad I went the way
I did.

Mark

1972 TR6