Re: [TR] and speaking of the calendar

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] and speaking of the calendar
From: "Kurtis J." <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:26:11 -0600
On 1/23/07, Lou Metelko <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com> wrote:
> Subject: [TR] and speaking of the calendar
>

> > Hows about telling us whose pictures and whose cars they are?
>

> Miss September is a 1954 TR2 Long Door with a Commission number of TS981L.
> Car was bought as a virtual "basket case" in early spring of 2000.  I had
> always been a fan of the side screen cars and had resisted the purchase of
> others but the lure of a very early, numbers matching car complete with
> original gauges, exterior panels and all items unique to the early side
> screen cars was too much to resist.
>
> The BMIHT certificate says the car was "born" on March 24, 1954 with the
> current Ice Blue and Geranium paint scheme.  Paint was authenticated with a
> small section of unfaded inside door panel on the passenger side.  A spray
> out of the paint sample was mailed to Bill Piggott who replied with a note
> saying "congratulations on finding the long lost colour of Ice Blue".
>
> I farmed out the metal and paint work as well as the complete interior
> (mistakes on either tend to be expensive!).  All six gauges were restored by
> MO-MA in New Mexico.  Other than that all mechanical and wiring was done in
> the  attached two car garage the TR2 calls home.
>
> Since completion in the spring of 2003, the car has been driven a total of
> over 18,000 miles.  If you ever see Lou's TR2 on a trailer, it is either
> broke or stolen!
>
> Lou Metelko
> Auburn, Indiana

This is the kind of information that I'd like to solicit from all the
entrants for next years calendar and include in the calendar.  I agree
that the calendar is much more enjoyable if we all know a little bit
more about the cars and can put a list member's name to the picture.

--
Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas

===     http://www.vtr.org