Re: [TR] Autumn classic.-- now rear springs

To: ambritts@bellsouth.net, tfansher@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Autumn classic.-- now rear springs
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:55:50 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/2007 4:12:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ambritts@bellsouth.net writes:

As a  follow up to Tom's post, here is how I did it. First if you take the
tub  off the frame there is no problem. Using a drift it will pop out with a
good blow. With the tub on, a real challenge. One came out for me per the
book, with the help of heat and penetrant. The other forget it. What I did
was remove the aluminum stone guard. Located the bolt behind where the  guard
is. Drilled a 9/16" hole. Placed the drift square on the head of the  bolt
and popped it right out. Put a rubber plug in the hole (used on the  firewall
and elsewhere) and put it all back together. Very slick and  fast.
Alex
59 TR3A
72 TR6

Same here-I drilled it so the hole is under the aluminum piece.
Mike Moore