Re: [TR] authentic generator heat sheild on this TR4A?

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] authentic generator heat sheild on this TR4A?
From: Chris Buckley <chris.buckley51@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 05:06:02 +0100 (BST)
Hi Carl,
  Not sure there ever was an authentic heat sheild made. I made 1 myself using
the 2 bosses and the top front manifold bolt which so far has worked well (the
generator has been working for 5000miles). I'll send a photo if you want.
  Cheers,
Chris

CarlSereda@aol.com wrote:
  Anyone ever see an authentic generator heat sheild on a TR4-A? I have never
seen any until last weekend at the San Juan Batista British 2-seater Meet.
But I'm not sure it's authentic.
I have always wondered why the two threaded bosses cast into the 4into2
exhaust manifold were empty. This is the first time I've seen a sheild attached
.
Can anyone confirm that this heat sheild is an authentic factory made sheild?
(will send you a pic if you think you can help, or are curious)
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
See what's new at