Re: [TR] oil out breather?

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [TR] oil out breather?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:42:19 -0800
> I have noticed
> a drop in oil pressure which was 50psi at tick over, now down
> to about 15 when fully warm, looking around I noticed a very
> small pool of oil under the engine breather pipe, does this
> suggest any particular condition,

John, I would be looking closely at the oil, for possible contamination with
water or fuel.  15 psi at hot idle is quite normal for a well-worn engine,
but somewhat distressing for a freshly rebuilt one; suggestive of very thin
oil as might be caused by contamination.  Likewise the oil dripping from the
breather tube is pretty normal for an old, tired engine; but more than a
drop or two is cause for concern with a freshly rebuilt one, IMO.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net