Re: [TR] TR3 back up light question

To: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@ptd.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 back up light question
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:28:38 -0400
Dave it can be done and controlled by the Transmission being placed into
reverse. I did it on my 4A using an overdrive isolator switch. On the
Transmission top cover there is a boss that needs to be drilled and tapped
for the correct thread. It's overtop of the control rod that engages reverse
gear. This basic transmission was used in sedans as well as TR's and the
sedans had back up lights. Wiring is straight forward from there using the
switch the same as you would any switch in a circuit.
If you'd like more information write to me and I'll fill in the blanks for
you.
JVV