Re: [TR] GPS Navigator

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <dphenry@wpia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] GPS Navigator
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 08:14:48 -0400
For Father's Day, my wife got me the Garmin Nuvi 350 which sells for $199 at
Amazon with free shipping. She read every portable GPS review she could find
including good old Consumer Reports. Whether you love or hate Consumer
Reports, they're doing GPS units on a regular basis now and they do a good
job of explaining features so you can decide what you need. For her it came
down to Garmin or TomTom and Garmin won based on the Amazon delivered price.

We have built-in navigation in both of our "other" cars so I was interested
to see how the portable unit would compare. It's scary good. Maps on the
3.5" widescreen are clear and easily readable, satellite acquisition is very
fast, voice directions are loud enough and the re-routing function is very
fast. One feature I love is the screen that shows you: current speed,
overall avg speed, moving avg speed, maximum speed, total trip time, moving
time, stopped time, trip distance covered and trip distance remaining. So
you can go between that screen and the actual map screen while your
traveling.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection