Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel Gauge Calibration

To: "'David Willett and Carol Gray'" <willgray@vaxxine.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel Gauge Calibration
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:40:08 -0700
> In the procedure described in the "MGA With An Attitude"
> website for calibration of a Jeager fuel gauge,  the use of
> two 68 ohm resistors is called for:  can anyone tell me where
> I can purchase resistors like this?

Radio Shack should still have them, or Fry's if there is one in your area.
Or any number of on-line suppliers, like Digi-Key
http://www.digikey.com/
 or Mouser
http://www.mouser.com
or MarVac
http://www.marvac.com/

Or you could even check your phone book for a real electronic parts store in
your area; there are several near me (Signal Electronics, Torrance
Electronics).

However, you might want to double-check your sender resistance first.  ISTR
the TR3 uses a slightly different resistance than the MGA does; like maybe
80 or 90 ohms instead of 70.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net