Re: [TR] TR3 tires 6" rims

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 tires 6" rims
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:14:49 -0700
> I found a 165 was
> very difficult to fit in the spare wheel slot, so I had a space saver
> fitted. I hope I never have to use it.

Not to worry.  I've used mine once, and it worked just fine.  Drove home
(about 75 miles) at normal freeway speeds.  Don't recall the exact size, but
it is something like T125/80-15, mounted on a stock TR3 rim.  So loose in
the spare tire well that I had to jam a rolled-up blanket in there to keep
it from sliding around.

-- Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net