Re: [TR] TRF - poor business practice

To: <Loumetelko@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TRF - poor business practice
From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:33:19 -0800
Hi Lou & All,
I don't know what most of your backgrounds are, but I've worked in the
manufacturing/parts businesses for a very long time. The ugly stepchild that
no one wants to deal with is product returns, or "RMA's" for short.

The USA is a capitalistic country (even though Obama thinks he can change
that) that businesses prides itself on how much revenue it can bring in each
year. But, for every dollar that sales brings in, RMA's subtract from that.
While Fry's has selling RMA's into a big business, most companies write them
off, or have reserves set aside.

So, if you're running a business, and asking a bank to loan you money, what
do you promote, revenues or losses? TRF borrows money from anywhere they
can. Nothing wrong with that. Cash is King.

While I do agree that RMA's shouldn't take months, it does need to be
resolved in a "timely" manner, and that depends on the business. If Charles
has done his homework, then he knows how long Moss, VB and others take to
process an RMA. It's up to him to make the decision on how much effort his
company should spend to process an RMA. And based on that decision this list
can critique the right or wrong of it because it directly affects anyone who
buys from them.

The old adage of "let the buyer beware" may apply here, but wouldn't be
known unless a lister wrote about it.

Thanks!
Johnnie
A long-time TRF patron. And a Moss one, And a VB one, and a BPNW one, and