Re: [TR] wire wheel advice needed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] wire wheel advice needed
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:01:11 -0800
> I have seen 6MM spacers being used to avoid cutting the
> studs. Seems like a reasonable alternative.  I spoke to the
> RTF and they did not recommend that approach but could not
> give a plausible reason as to why they should not be used.

In general, anyone with legal liability is not going to recommend such a
change; as it may place more force on the studs and lead to breakage, etc.
Lots of folks have done it with no problem (as far as I know) but I wouldn't
expect TRF or Moss to go out on such a shaky limb.

BTW, it's important to check those nuts for tightness periodically, even
without the spacers.  They have a tendency to work loose on the LH side of
the car, with potentially disastrous results.

-- Randall

Suggested annual donation  $11.47

Triumphs@autox.team.net