Re: [TR] Identifying Spitfire Cylinder head # TKC 2748( Now another

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Identifying Spitfire Cylinder head # TKC 2748( Now another
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:48:47 -0400 (EDT)
> Wayne, that block would be a circa 1972 Spitfire MkIV
> "Federal" (hence the "U" in the suffix) engine, low
> compression and recessed bores.

I've rarely had occasion to think about such things (if it runs, you just run
it) and I haven't followed this thread too closely (too much going on lately).
But I recall being told that the 7.5:1 vs. 9.0:1 difference was strictly in the
head.

Yes, no?
--
Jim Muller
Or maybe they really said "No, it's all in your head."

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive