Re: [TR] FW: Panel switch - TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] FW: Panel switch - TR3
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 09:24:08 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 2/3/2012 9:44:59 PM Central Standard Time,
auprichard@uprichard.net writes:
> Unlike the 2 TR3s featured in TVR, I want this car to be as close to
> original as possible.  No rack and pinion, no roll-bar, no 89mm pistons,
> etc., etc.  The only reason I would go back to the on-off switch is,
> knowing
> my luck, I'll end up selling it to a concours judge who'll call me out on
> panel rheostat.

I'm with you but for different reasons.  I'm no originality geek but the
appeal of the TR3 is that it is an anachronism.  The push button starter, the
sidescreens, the hand crank, the Zdeus fasteners in the bonnet, they all
just go with the string back gloves and the pinch bill cap.  Updating it with
modern equipment only detracts from that.  If you want an updated TR3, buy a
TR6.

;-)

Dave

** triumphs@autox.team.net **