Re: [TR] Odd Tapping Noise TR3

To: "Jonas Payne" <JPayne@ThorCon.net>, <Dave1massey@cs.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Odd Tapping Noise TR3
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 15:39:40 -0500
Why did you replace the transmission? And what is the known condition of the
replacement transmission. Was it a "good used" unit? Rebuilt unit? Dave is
on to something with regard to the lay shaft. It may also be a universal
joint that acts up under acceleration but does not when no load is on it.
Doesn't explain no noise in 1st however.
As a group we need more information as to the reasons for the transmission
replacement and the condition of the replacement.
JVV