Re: [TR] Engine Knocking Noise - Mystery Solved

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Engine Knocking Noise - Mystery Solved
From: "Jim Henningsen" <tr6guy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 20:05:30 -0500
It turns out my mystery knocking noise from the engine was caused by me over
tightening my stock valve cover enough so that the rocker arm was hitting
the underside of the cover.  Thanks to a tip from a club member, I loosened
the cover and the noise went away. I forgot to mention that I have a high
lift cam, so that combined with my tightening tip caused the issue.  Glad
this one is solved.
Jim Henningsen