Re: [TR] Engine Knocking Noise - Mystery Solved

To: Jim Henningsen <tr6guy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Engine Knocking Noise - Mystery Solved
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 08:40:57 -0500
Jim,

If you find the need to over tighten the valve cover, you might want to
change your gasket to the silicone one offered by Justin Wagner. I have
them on my 3, 4 and 6 and you don't have to tighten to the point of
distorting the valve cover in order to get a good seal. They are a great
invention and can be used over and over.

I also believe they are thicker so the extra thickness may offer you a
bit more clearance.

Bob

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html