Re: [TR] Light connectors

To: "'Roger Elliott'" <elliottr@rmi.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Light connectors
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:45:47 -0800
> Are the original male connectors available?  Am I just
> missing seeing them?

Someone is making them, as they came included with some lamps I bought just
the other day.  But I don't know of anyone selling them separately.

My opinion, they should be avoided anyway.  Instead, use the crimp type
bullets, and either crimp or solder them to the wires.  Here's a photo,
showing a crimp-type bullet that has been soldered (I don't own the special
crimping tool):
http://goo.gl/Sgt2o

TRF carries the crimp-type bullets, in 4 different sizes (to suit different
sizes of wire).  But if you just buy the smallest size, they can fairly
easily be drilled out for larger wire.
http://goo.gl/XsClQ

(No doubt others carry them as well.)

-- Randall