Re: [TR] Working under your car.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Working under your car.
From: Tom & Marge FitzGibbon <fitzgibbon3@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:06:17 +0000 (UTC)
Ibm trying to sum up in my own mind what I learned from this thread.

1. Working under cars, like life, is dangerous and often ends badly.

2. I have to find a new place to hide from The Admiral since working under my
car is not safe. Besides, unless I stack the cinder blocks 3 or 4 high the car
isnbt high enough to keep the cigar smoke from getting trapped under there
with me and the cooler while Ibm, you know, bworking,b and now I know
cinder blocks make lousy jack stands.

3. Jack stands are unreliable and suck at supporting LBCs, but they do not
suck nearly as badly as cinder blocks.

4. Based on the CNN video, concrete retaining wall blocks are even less
appropriate for supporting a car than cinder blocks, especially when standing
on their sides.

5. Donbt let your dumba** grandson hop out of your car and slam the door
when youbre working under your poorly-supported car even if he is willing to
pump the pedal while you bleed the brakes.

6. Owning a 1991 Buick Century can cause massive facial trauma.

7. Only dead people get Darwin Awards. (In retrospect, I think I knew that
before this thread.)

Did I miss anything?

Tom