Re: [TR] Seeking TR2 to TR3 rear axle swap advice

To: "'Jeff'" <fishplate@charter.net>, "'*Triumphs List'"
Subject: Re: [TR] Seeking TR2 to TR3 rear axle swap advice
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:25:36 -0800
> So.....  the nut on the pinion was hand tight when I removed it.  I'm
> wondering if I should torque it down to specs

I would.

> Also - there is about 5 degrees of rotation back and forth with the
> ebrake on - is that too worn out?

Probably not.  My late TR3A had nearly 1/4 turn at the input, and it was
still working fine.  There are a bunch of clearances involved, and they tend
to add up.  I never heard back from the person I sold it to, so I assume it
is still working today.

On the Stag diff I reworked, most of the slop was due to wear was on the
brass thrust washers (the ones that can be attacked by conventional GL5).
http://goo.gl/G5GpL

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html