Re: [TR] Temp. guages - further question

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Temp. guages - further question
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 06:28:31 -0700

--20cf307d0756b25b42050fd57e9b

A technique for effecting a repair using the cap tube & bulb from a new
aftermarket gauge is described here:

http://www.ply33.com/Repair/tempgauge

I have never done this but wouldn't hesitate to try if the need ever arose
(not a lot to lose and much to gain).

Geo

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Greg Gelhar <greg@gelhar.com> wrote:

> I have repaired a few original Smith Jaeger temperature gauges by using
> new capillary tubes and sensing bulbs taken from the Sun gauges. I use th=
> new fitting nut from the Sun gauges without any problem.
>
> Greg G.
> Osseo, MN
>
> T-Mobile. America=E2=80=99s First Nationwide 4G Network
>
> Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello List:
> >Have been following the latest discussion on the temperature gauges with
> >capillary tubes and the substitute "aftermarket"  (SunPro) gauges that
> >will fit. Just have a question about the fitting at the thermostat
> >housing end. Will the fitting around the capillary bulb fit into the
> >thermostat housing; are the threads compatible?
> >Wondering about this one.
> >Really waiting for Spring -25C tonight.
> >Angelo Graham
> >

> >** triumphs@autox.team.net **
> >
> >Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> >Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> >Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> >Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/greg@gelhar.com
>
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--20cf307d0756b25b42050fd57e9b

/div><div><a href=3D"http://www.ply33.com/Repair/tempgauge";>http://www.ply3=
but wouldn&#39;t hesitate to try if the need ever arose (not a lot to lose =
ail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM, =
Greg Gelhar <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:greg@gelhar.com"; target=
mail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-l=
eft:1ex">I have repaired a few original Smith Jaeger temperature gauges by =
using new capillary tubes and sensing bulbs taken from the Sun gauges. I us=
e the new fitting nut from the Sun gauges without any problem.<br>
Greg G.<br>
Osseo, MN<br>
T-Mobile. America=E2=80=99s First Nationwide 4G Network<br>
Angelo Graham &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:agraham@execulink.com";>agraham@execulin=
k.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;Hello List:<br>
&gt;Have been following the latest discussion on the temperature gauges wit=
h<br>
&gt;capillary tubes and the substitute &quot;aftermarket&quot;=C2=A0 (SunPr=
o) gauges that<br>
&gt;will fit. Just have a question about the fitting at the thermostat<br>
&gt;housing end. Will the fitting around the capillary bulb fit into the<br=

&gt;thermostat housing; are the threads compatible?<br>
&gt;Wondering about this one.<br>
&gt;Really waiting for Spring -25C tonight.<br>
&gt;Angelo Graham<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</=