Re: [TR] High Torque Starters

To: ahwahneetr@gmail.com, tr3a58@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TR] High Torque Starters
From: Dave <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 08:19:37 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

------=_Part_57467_2010494896.1472991577200

What is the torque values for those bolts?

I'll bet no one knows.  Too much and you'll strip the threads.  Too loose and
they will loosen up.  Without proper torquing the only reliable way to keep
them tight is with lock washers or Loctite(R).  Pick your poison.

BTW, after four years the starter on the TR6 has had no such issues.  Yet.

Dave Massey