Re: [TR] High Torque Starters

To: Dean Tetterton <tr3a58@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] High Torque Starters
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 15:52:37 -0700
Cc: TR3/6 List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--001a113cd25cb14182053ba24d55

What sort of lock washers were used?

For connections with a reputation of coming loose I use Nord-Locks (or a
generic knock-off of same).  In one particularly difficult-to-hold location
a combination of Nord-Locks and socket cap screws worked very well.

Geo

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Dean Tetterton <tr3a58@verizon.net> wrote:

> List
>         Over the past 6 month's I have had 3 different Triumph's to have
> the 2 allen head bolts that hold the Adapter block to the starter motor to
> come loose. The first was a friends TR3 starter and then the starter on my
> TR4 race car and yesterday the starter on my street TR4. These are Allen
> head metric bolts about 2 inches long. Is there an epidemic going around my
> area? Put these back in with red loctite. Hope that does it. Getting fast
> at taking starters out. Check and see if your's are loose before they fall
> out.
>
> Dean T.
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> options/triumphs/ahwahneetr@gmail.com

--001a113cd25cb14182053ba24d55

div><div>For connections with a reputation of coming loose I use Nord-Locks=
 (or a generic knock-off of same).=C2=A0 In one particularly difficult-to-h=
old location a combination of Nord-Locks and socket cap screws worked very =
r><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Dean Tetterto=
n <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tr3a58@verizon.net"; target=3D"_bl=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:=
1ex">List<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Over the past 6 month&#39;s I have had 3 differ=
ent Triumph&#39;s to have the 2 allen head bolts that hold the Adapter bloc=
k to the starter motor to come loose. The first was a friends TR3 starter a=
nd then the starter on my TR4 race car and yesterday the starter on my stre=
et TR4. These are Allen head metric bolts about 2 inches long. Is there an =
epidemic going around my area? Put these back in with red loctite. Hope tha=
t does it. Getting fast at taking starters out. Check and see if your&#39;s=
 are loose before they fall out.<br>
Dean T.<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=
*<br>