Re: Vintage Mini front end

To: JSGREBE@aol.com, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Vintage Mini front end
From: S800Racer <S800Racer@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 13:04:57 EST
        Let me see if I have this straight,  you want to do a fiberglass front
end
for your mini because it would be easier to pick up because it would be
lighter.  You're not doing it to make the car lighter, although it would be,
and not to gain a performance advantage, although you would gain one by making
the car lighter.

        I understand perfectly (wink, wink).  I have a bumper sticker - "Old
age and
treachery will always overcome youth and skill"  I believe you are a fine
candidate for the "age and treachery" motto.  (doesn't one of our listers race
under the banner 'Age and Treachery racing'?)

        Seriously, I don't believe it is worthwhile to have that 'easy-carry'
front
end if the cost is that it limits where and who you can race with.

        Doug Meis (getting older and more treacherous every year)