Corner Workers

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Corner Workers
From: Jimmysmth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 10:10:14 EST
Art Summerville, President of CVAR wrote a small article about corner workers
in the Dec issue of Victory Lane.  This got me thinking... These corner
workers (and other volunteers at the race track) are racers'  best friends,
even if we don't know them personnaly.  Some are paid, most are not.  They
give us their time and try to look out for our safety in the worst conditions
of rain, cold, heat, and sometimes danger.  I, for one, have neglected to
thank them other than a wave on the cool-down lap, an occasional ride around
the race track when permitted, or a smile and a handshake in the lunch line.
Am I alone on this?  Are there some things the clubs do for them of which I
am not aware?

Merry Christmas and "helmets off" to all the volunteers without whom there
would be no vintage racing.

Jim