RE: Corner Workers

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Corner Workers
From: Mactds@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 11:24:31 EST
To all listers & race organizers;

Yes, corner workers are a different breed - we actually enjoy standing out
there in every type of weather imaginable! Our basic compensation is seeing
your cars performing. We can always use more people at vintage events and the
best way to start increasing the numbers is to think "wampum" - what can you
give these people in exchange for their time & effort. Big hits are t-shirts,
hats, pins, & patches. General requirements should include lunch, beverages
(with something alcoholic at the end of the day's activities), and an
invitation to the parties @ the track. Another simple "gift" is worker rides.
You should see the smiles & excitement on our faces after a thrill ride in
one of your beautiful machines!!

Mainly, please don't forget your manners. Corner worker meetings are always
1/2 - 3/4 hour before the first session of the day. Look for the gathering of
people dressed in white (a.k.a. the "bakers convention") and come by the say
thanks. If that is too early for you, a wave on your cool off lap is another
way of saying "thank you".

The nicer you are to your volunteers the more you will have at future events
- we do tell our friends where the good wampum is!

Best regards to all,
Maura MacEachern
SCCA F&C