Re: Rules and 'Cheating'

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgvrmark@hotmail.com, drs@socal.rr.com,
Subject: Re: Rules and 'Cheating'
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:49:51 EST
In a message dated 1/18/01 11:51:36 AM, WSpohn4 writes:

<< BTW, I've always liked the S800 - used to beat one regularly in
hillclimbs, but the thing was a jewel of an engine and sure sounds nice at
full cry! >>

    I'm sure it was your superior SCCA-level 10/10ths driving that made the
difference.  All kidding & ribbing aside, S800s are not great hillclimb cars.
 Our race engines put out 120 HP and 75 lb-ft. of torque.  Lack of torque can
be a real handicap in a hillclimb.  Where & when did the S800 driver run his
car in hillclimbs?

    Doug Meis