Re: Rules and 'Cheating'

To: Roger Sieling <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Subject: Re: Rules and 'Cheating'
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:23:08 -0600
Have much enjoyed this discussion, probably because I agree.  I began with the
SCCA in the early 60's.  At that time we believed that talented pilots would be
known by the absense of contact with competitors.  As a former national license
holder, national steward, and runoffs participant, I abhore the current state of
affairs in the SCCA, where many contests more resemble demo derbys than races.
Too much $, too little talent, too few racers who maintain their own equipment,
and too many stewards who have absolutely no concept of what happens on the race
surface.  John