Re: Rules and 'Cheating'

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgvrmark@hotmail.com, drs@socal.rr.com,
Subject: Re: Rules and 'Cheating'
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:10:24 EST
In a message dated 1/17/01 4:36:40 PM, WSpohn4 writes:

<< I understand that the Porsche guys have been allowed to use later engines
at Seattle, claiming that it is hard to find the proper original 2 litre
versions. I don't know if this is a valid claim, or whether they just want to
go faster. >>

    There are a number of cars that have much harder to find parts than
2-litre Porsches.  So, do the Porsches with later engines just ahve trouble
finding proper original stuff or do they want to go faster.  You make the
call.

    Doug Meis

    - Honda S800 engines don't exactly grow on trees, so I have little
sympathy for the Porsche guys with later engines.