RE: Vintage Racing?

To: jrosevear@thinkinginvestments.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Vintage Racing?
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:40:20
>From: John Rosevear <jrosevear@thinkinginvestments.com>
>To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
>Subject: RE: Vintage Racing?
>Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:44:03 -0500
>
>could it also be that SCCA racing is cutthroat, cheating is widespread,
>bumping (and worse) is commonplace, and respect for fellow competitors is
>an
>anachronism?  could it be that this is what has driven many of us who just
>want to test our skills and enjoy a weekend at the track in the company of
>grownups to consider vintage racing?

   My take on all the bumping and cheating is money. What's going on in
   the SCCA is money. The drivers are "professionals". Sponsorship money
   drives the cheating and bumping. And since these guy have no vested
   interest in their cars (other than winning and looking good for the
   sponsors) why not bend or break the rules and some fenders to win?

   A brief word about fellowship... Did it ever exist in the SCCA? Way
   back it was the private domain of the wealthy members of the "Lucky
   Sperm Club" (thanks, BS Levy). If you came from the wrong side of the
   tracks (or ocean), you couldn't play in their yard.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)