RE: Vintage Racing?

To: Tombread@aol.com, greenman62@hotmail.com,
Subject: RE: Vintage Racing?
From: "Oker, William" <OkerWR@navair.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:42:46 -0800
Thanks Tom, I got a great chuckle out of that! I'm 55 and I remember the
waving thing. My Dad had a MGTD and TR-2 back in the early '50's and I
remember him even stopping and talking to other English sports car owners
then. In the mid '60's, when normal people could afford a 356 Porsche (would
you believe $500 for a '56 Speedster and $1,000 for a "58 Coupe!) we used to
flash our head lights with a quick double blip at any on coming Porsche. I
can remember flashing other sports cars with no response, or they might
point and stair...(drool?)

Bill Oker